Travel Information: COVID-19 Update
The Highland Group closely monitors the reports of the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the national health institute (RIVM), and all their guidelines are followed up in our hotels and in our overall policies. We value the health of our guests and staff more than anything.
We have implemented the following policies:
More ‘flexible’ reservation policy
- Flexible rates are allowed free cancellation up to 11.59pm on the day before arrival.
- Non-refundable rates are allowed free modifications up to 72 hours prior to the day of arrival.
- Note: changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences
Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies.
Breakfast, dining and parking
Due to our restaurant being closed we are unable to serve breakfast in the lobby. However we are now offering breakfast to-go or to take back to you room. Our restaurant is now offering its very own takeaway service. Make your order with our reception or book in advance and collect from the restaurant. Cutlery is of course provided.
- Discount parking is possible in a nearby parking garage. Our reception desk will gladly help you with more information.
Cleaner than clean hotel policy
The health and safety of our guests and staff are our highest priority. We have always taken hygiene very serious at the Highland Group. Due to COVID-19, however, we have implemented additional hygiene and cleaning policies to provide a safe and healthy environment for both guests and staff. This includes:
- Our staff members are required to wash and sanitize their hands frequently (every hour).
- We provide sanitizers all through the hotel.
- We have updated our housekeeping protocol, so that:
- door handles, elevator buttons, the front desk counter and other frequently touched objects are disinfected after each usage, throughout the day in all public areas within our hotels;
- all rooms and keys are (even more) deep(ly) cleaned after each check out, with specialized disinfecting cleaning products and with special attention to items that are frequently touched.
- We do not shake hands, or make any kind of physical contact, with guests nor colleagues, as is recommended by international and national guidelines to prevent COVID-19 from spreading.
- The number of tables in the lobby is reduced, thereby expanding the space between tables.
- Tables and chairs are sanitized with disinfectant after each usage, so guests have a pleasant and safe experience at our lobby.
- We will serve breakfast in your room, free of charge.
The international and national guidelines are thoughtfully adapted to the latest developments in the worldwide COVID-19 outbreak, as they should. Therefore, we provide conditions that allow our guests the flexibility that is needed during this period to both stay healthy and be able to book with peace of mind.